Product Code: Nor277
Tapping Machine for making footfall noise transmission measurements in building acoustics or sound insulation testing. Part of our full building acoustics kit.
- Remote operation
- Mains or battery power
- Rugged design
- Retractable feet
The Norsonic 277 Tapping Machine is an impact sound generator, for making footfall noise transmission measurements in buildings as set out in International and National Standards.
Tapping Machine for building acoustics and sound insulation testing
The tapping machine Nor277 is the third generation of tapping machines from Norsonic for performing standardised impact noise tests (foot fall noise). It incorporates all the experience from the former generations into a compact, light, yet a rugged unit with the construction based on an extruded aluminium chassis.
The hammers are made of harden stainless steel, ensuring non deformation of the hammer shape even after years in use. The unit weight is only 10 kg including the optional battery. Retractable feet ensure easy transportation and storage
- Impact sound transmission testing according to ISO 140 part VI, VII and VIII, ASTM E-492 and ASTM E-1007
- Determination of single number quantity index Ln,w, in accordance with ISO 717-2 and ASTM E-989
- Remote operation from hand switch or PC
- Mains or battery operation
- Powered from 85-264 volt AC main supply. Built in Lithium Ion rechargeable batteries.
- Battery capacity: Typical 1 hour with intermittent use and 45 minutes of continues operation.
- Battery de-rating: <5% loss in capacity per 100 discharge/charge cycles.
- Charging time: 2 hours
- Low weight 10 kg (22 lb) incl. battery and wireless remote option
- Rugged construction
- Five hammers each having a mass of 500 g falling from a height of 40 mm (adjustable)
- Tapping sequence of 10 impacts per second, rpm controlled via servo feedback loop
- Built in self check of hammer fall speed, and tapping sequence.
- Retractable feet
- Dimensions feet retracted: 165 x 230 x 495 mm (6,5 x 9,1 x 19,5")
- Dimensions feet extended: 265 x 230 x 495 mm (10,4 x 9,1 x 19,5")
ISO140, part VI, VII and VIII, ASTM E-492, ASTM E-1007.
All units are delivered with calibration certificates
Five in line specially harden stainless steel hammers separated by 100 mm. Each hammer has a weight of 500g ±4g. Hammer diameter 30 mm ±0,2 mm. Hammer front radius is 500 mm.
10 impacts per second, rpm controlled via servo feedback loop. Sequence: 1, 3, 5, 2, 4
Effective fall height
40 mm (adjustable ±5 mm). A gauge for exact height adjustment is attached to the machine.
85-264 VAC, 47-63 Hz, 120 - 370 VdC, consumption less than 30W.
RS232. For computer control. This allows wireless control via standard RS232 to Bluetooth adaptors.
Battery operation (option 1)
Built in Lithium Ion rechargeable batteries. Battery capacity: Typical 1 hour with intermittent use and 45 minutes of continues operation. Battery de-rating: <5% loss in capacity per 100 discharge/charge cycles. Battery charging time: 2 hours
Wireless remote control (option 2)
Operating frequency: 433 MHz EMC compliant for use in Europe 315 MHz FCC compliant for use in USA Transmitting range: 100m
3 retractable and height-adjustable feet with rubber pads.
WxHxD feet retracted: 165x230x495 mm (6,5x9,1x19,5")
WxHxD feet extended: 265x230x495 mm (10,4x9,1x19,5") +50 mm (H) including handle (2")
10 kg (22 lb) including battery and wireless remote option
Operation: -10 to +40 deg C 90% RH Storage: -30 to + 70 deg C 90%RH
EMC compliance according to EN50081-1 and EN50082-1 Safety according to EN61010-1 and Machine directive 89/392
Carrying/Shipping Case Nor1336