Building Acoustics Planning System - BASTIAN
Product Code: BASTIAN
BASTIAN is the software to calculate airborne and impact sound transmission between rooms in buildings and airborne sound transmission from the exterior.
- Calculation of airborne sound insulation between rooms
- Calculation of impact sound insulation between rooms
- Calculation of airborne sound insulation against outdoor sound
- Calculation of the structural reverberation time
BASTIAN is the software to calculate airborne and impact sound transmission between rooms in buildings and airborne sound transmission from the exterior. The calculations in BASTIAN are based on parts 1 to 3 of the European Standard series EN 12354, being adopted by the majority of the European countries as part of their national standards.
These calculation procedures form the common basis for the prognosis of sound insulation of buildings. BASTIAN can be applied to predict the acoustical performance between rooms in apartment and office buildings, between classrooms in schools, and between rooms in hotels or hospitals.
BASTIAN offers several databases supplying the acoustical data of a number of building elements, as there are walls, floors, roofs, facades, additional layers (wall linings und floating floors), and windows, doors and glazings.
The optional extension BASTIAN auralization renders the calculation results for airborne sound transmission between rooms and from the outside audible for various interior and exterior sound sources and for different kinds of receiving rooms. BASTIAN auralization is a pure software solution, not requiring any additional hardware.
Campbell Associates also provide systems to make Building Acoustic Measurements.
- Airborne sound insulation between rooms according to EN 12354-1
- Impact sound insulation between rooms according to EN 12354-2
- Airborne sound insulation against outdoor sound according to EN 12354-3
- Calculations in third-octave band width and with single number ratings
- For all parameters to express building performance according to ISO 717-1 and -2 (including the spectrum adaptation terms)
- For parameters STC (Sound Transmission Class) and IIC (Impact Insulation Class) according to ASTM E 413-87 and ASTM E 989-89
- BASTIAN offers several databases supplying the acoustical data of a number of building elements. Databases are available independently from the calculation software.